Translate

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

No Brainer Soup (Veggie Styles)

Prep + Cooking Time: 30 minutes

1 Carrot
3 Celery Spears
1 Onion
1 Cup of Frozen Corn Kernels
1 Tomato
3 Potatoes
1 Can of Mixed Beans 
1 Cup of Chicken or Vegetable Broth [I like to mix packaged broth with water to decrease the sodium content in my meal)
3 Cups of Water
3 TBSP of Paprika
Sprigs of Parsley
Salt & Pepper

Bring water and broth to a boil. Add roughly chopped potatoes, onions and carrots to the pot and turn down to medium. Boil for 10 minutes and add diced tomatoes, corn, celery, and mixed beans to the pot while cooking for another 10 minutes. Add paprika, salt, pepper and parsley. Stir and turn off stove.

*This recipe was created after I spent a better part of the day craving soup so I finally caved by making this at about 9pm for dinner. Initially, the craving was for a cream based soup but this was healthier and very satisfying alternative. The ingredients in the soup are not perfect as I actually didn't write down the ingredients that I used and am basing this on my memory of what I thought I put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment