Translate

Monday, May 30, 2011

Tako Sushi (Mississauga)

I went out for lunch with a friend today and it was a choice between Japanese or Hakka cuisine which is something I've never had. We ended up dining in a Japanese restaurant, the beautiful weather and nice patio drew us in plus a confusing game of rock paper scissors were the deciding factor! I believe the restaurant is fairly new and with a name like "Tako Sushi," it made me think of Mexican-Japanese fusion cuisine. Silly, I know. Walking through the restaurant to the patio, the interior is quite nice with two impressive teppanyaki dining rooms. We both decided on the bento boxes and boy were we disappointed!

The rice was falling off the sushi and it was pre-made (we saw it laid out on a counter walking out of the restaurant which seems a little unnecessary as there were not many patrons at 2pm)
The highlight of this was the steak which was cooked at a nice medium rare. The sauce was watered down and rice did not taste very fresh. The spring rolls and pasta salad (odd) were quite unappetizing.

Beef short ribs...they were okay at best.

Overall, I do not see myself returning to this restaurant. The food did not taste very fresh and what sushi I did have was quite poor. I'm glad I did not order any of their specialty rolls. I think T&T could have done a better job! Points to the decor but what good is a nice looking interior if the food is so poor?

No comments:

Post a Comment