Translate

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Winter Sushi

Finally, a breather! Today was Toronto's first official snow day...at least for some universities/colleges. I believe it was 20 cm of snow so imagine the amount of shoveling that was done today. Good thing I had some help or I easily would have been out there for a couple of hours this morning. I have been super busy these past few days. Monday was spent in class, at the garage and then a hectic night of writing my proposal for class. Tuesday morning I was walking around like a zombie with 3 hours of sleep. However, it wasn't all bad since I was able to finally dine at one of my favorite sushi restaurants in Toronto. We just happened to beat the crowd that came in 10 minutes later!

Chicken Katsu Bento Box


Spicy Crunchy Tuna roll


Kani roll and Spicy Salmon Roll

All these photos were taken at Sushi On Bloor (google it!). I love the sweetness of the Kani roll, it's bbq eel and really good! Definitely worth a try and for those of you that like fried chicken, the chicken katsu is a cutlet covered in panko bread flakes. It would probably taste better with some lemon juice but the bbq sauce was good. I'm already craving more sushi!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE BENTO BOXESS!!! We got some last week at this random place we started going to because my mom read about it in Toronto Life I probably told you but ya we went there and gave them the cut out and they had no idea so they gave us like all of this free fresh tofu that they make everyday and when we went back there last week there was like this young couple that came all the way from downtown because they read the article too and yeah it was really good and they gave us more free tofu because they're literally the cutest people in life.

    http://www.torontolife.com/guide/restaurants/korean/cho-dang-soon-tofu/

    ReplyDelete