Translate

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Should of worn my blue suede shoes

Went to Johnny Rockets for the first time this weekend. I've been somewhat curious about the restaurant since its opening in Canada as I am a sucker for the 50's vinyl and jukebox styling in these places. I went to the Yonge/Dundas location and I must say the decor is much more impressive than the one in Mississauga's Square One mall which is essentially a long open restaurant that faces the mall corridor. People walking past the restaurant can literally peer over the 4 ft divider and look at your food. The downtown Toronto location was very cheesy and had all the stereotypical 1950s paraphernalia including mini jukeboxes at each table and those fan straw holders. The staff was quite nice but the manager did not seem particularly friendly.

Moving on to the food, it was okay at best. They had several burger varieties and I ordered the St. Louis burger (bacon, cooked onions, cheese) and chili cheese fries. It looked wonderful but it was bland and the fries had a slightly cardboard taste. I most likely will not be returning but it did satisfy my curiosity. The decor made it worthwhile. Of course, a milkshake was ordered and that was a delish treat.


3 Stars (1 of which is for the milkshake)

No comments:

Post a Comment