Translate

Monday, September 3, 2012

Sad face

I stopped going to the gym a month ago and lost 5lbs. This is bittersweet because I have been aspiring to lose those last 5lbs for a very long time but my body has been stubbornly hanging onto it. I joined the gym in hopes to tone up and lose a little weight but instead, my weight remained stable. What did happen was that I started become more defined and developed some muscle throughout my body and I started to feel much stronger than I ever have. It was great despite my weight being stable. During that time., I gained muscle and lost fat which is why my weight remained stable. Now that I've stopped working out, I lost muscle mass = weight loss. This also means it will be more challenging burning fat! I need to be more cautious of my "yum yum cravings," hah! So the moral of the story? Work out more to eat more and feel better!!!!! If I had to choose between weightloss or muscle gain, I would choose muscle 100%.

P.S. I froze my gym membership because I thought I would be leaving home for 6 months next weekend but my departure date has been pushed back to end of September. I've been doing ghetto workouts sans gym. Not quite the same as the grunts and moans of fellow gym goers motivates me!

No comments:

Post a Comment