Translate

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Squash Days

I currently have some cubed butternut squash roasting in the oven. It was easy to season but hella difficult to prepare. I thought my fingers were going to be axed while trying to cut through the squash. It's dense but not as thick as the other types of squash available in the season.

I plan to serve it with white fish cooked with lemon juice, garlic, and chili flakes. Just working with what I got! Back to the squash, I have one tray seasoned with olive oil, salt and pepper. The second had cinnamon and will be sprinkled with brown sugar closer to the end of the cooking time. Fingers crossed that it turns out tasty.

Here's the final product - my healthy (and very simple) meal. Plating isn't the best but that's never been my strong suit. I skipped the brown sugar all together. It was sweet enough for me. The meal taste wise was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment